80 – 155 bhp, 850 cc high performance inboard petrol engine
Performance, Dependability, Versatility
Designed and manufactured in Germany for unparalleled performance
and quality in a lightweight, compact 4-stroke petrol power unit.
Welcome to Textron Motors.
Textron Motors is a company with a rich history of innovation and performance, one that began from one of Europe‘s most successful Tier I automotive manufacturers, and is today a part of a global multi-industry company renowned for its engineering and manufacturing prowess in aerospace, defense, automotive and industrial technologies. Textron Motors has a reputation for designing high-quality, high-performing engines that deliver exceptional power for their relatively light weight.
Textron Motors‘ engines are used in products ranging from snowmobiles to small watercraft to portable fire pumps.
Installed in a wide range of boats and personal watercraft, Textron Motors engines provide low operating noise and a wide power range of 80 hp to 155 hp.
OEMs can engineer a single-engine installation for multiple craft, while offering a range of power levels. Numerous World Championship titles have been won by watercraft using our engines, a testament to their exceptional performance and durability. A three-star emission rating in the United States provides the OEM boat builder with the confidence that they have chosen an engine exceeding the most stringent emission requirements. Naturally aspirated or turbocharged, the MPE 850 is increasingly the choice of watercraft engineers and OEMs.
Advanced design combined with a racing style dry-sump lubrication system provides the boat builder with an exceptionally low vertical height for an engine in this power range and the superior lubrication required for continuous high rpm performance. The proven parallel twin overhead cam available in either Naturally Aspirated or Turbo-charged versions with multi-point fuel injection delivers the highest horsepower and torque of any engine in its class. Flat torque curves throughout the RPM range provide smooth power and faster acceleration. The MPE 850’s Torque Demand drive-by –wire control system enables the engine to deliver exceptional performance no matter the altitude or temperature and allows for a wide range of calibrations with no hardware changes required. Precise control of engine operations allows for superior fuel economy and precise emission control – a requirement in today’s marketplace. Turbo powered engines utilize a closed loop thermostat controlled intercooler and lambda control for enhanced dependability and optimal high performance turbo operation.
Recommended for Fiberglass and aluminum boats, ribs & yacht tenders up to 25’ in length and personal atercraft. Available in several standard power variants for recreational marine applications single or dual system installations. Complete “Plug & Play”, certified marine power system. ECU calibrations can be customized to meet specific performance, control & safety requirements. CAD files detailing engine envelope and interface definition available on request.
Advantages of the MPE 850
- Compact design – allows design flexibility and more cargo/passenger space
- Light weight – 209 lbs. ( 95 kg) NA, 220 lbs. (100 kg) TC
- Power from 80hp (NA) to 155hp (TC)
- Compression ratio: NA 11.5:1, TC 9.0:1
- Flat torque curve – smooth power & faster acceleration
- Industry leading fuel efficiency
- Racing style dry-sump system for superior lubrication and low installed height
- Closed Loop cooling system with seawater to coolant heat exchanger
- Rapid warm up – ideal for short trips
- Low NVH – smooth and quiet
- Low emissions – US EPA, and Euro compliant
- MAP –based multi-point electronic fuel injection
- (Automatic temperature and altitude compensation, No choke, Quick throttle response – no “bogging” turbo delay)
- Proven 4 valve overhead cam design
- Integrated 500W generator
- Easy to install – drop in “Plug & Play” s
For full details please download the full engine package leaflet – MPE 850